District 7390 News and Events
I just finished my official visits to all of our 45 clubs in District 7390. Thank you for the warm reception I received. I hope that my message “resonated” with you, that you are wearing your Rotary pin more often, and that you have made a commitment to supporting 100 years of The Rotary Foundation in an amount that you feel is proper. I know that each club president aspires to 100% participation, so I am appealing to you on behalf of your club president. Almost every day I receive one of my pre-addressed post cards with an idea or story. If you did not receive one during my visit or need another, please ask your president with whom I gave additional cards. I really enjoy hearing from you in this way and take note of your ideas.
During my visits, I was quite impressed with the many initiatives and ongoing projects and programs that make each club unique. Some clubs are trying the alternative meeting date and satellite clubs that were announced by the RI Council on Legislation. They are drawing attention and attracting new members. Other clubs continue highly successful fundraising events and still others are trying something new. In all cases, I have found our clubs to be innovative, dedicated, and inspiring. Of particular note, I was often humbled whenever I met so many who have been Rotarians for over 50 years. I think we all owe them a debt of gratitude for doing so much to continue the legacy of District 7390.
As we all take some time to be with family and friends for the December holidays, many of our clubs are having parties and receptions. Enjoy the first Object of Rotary – that of acquaintance. The New Year will be upon us soon and we have Multi-district Conference and the International Convention in Atlanta (we now have 62 registered) to anticipate. Read more in this month’s newsletter about these events and last call for early bird registrations.
I look forward to greeting our Presidents’ Elect in February and many more of you at our various events in 2017. Have a safe and happy holiday season.
The Four-Way Test (of the things we think, say or do):
- Is it TRUTH?
- Is it FAIR to all concerned?
- Will it build GOOD WILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
- Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?
The object of Rotary is to encourage and foster the ideal of service as a basis of worthy enterprise and , in particular, to encourage and foster:
- First - the development of acquaintance as an opportunity for service;
- Second - High ethical standards in business and professions; the recognition of the worthiness of all useful occupations; and the dignifying by each Rotarian of his occupation as an opportunity to serve society;
- Third - The application of the ideal of service by every Rotarian to his personal, business, and community life;
- Fourth - The advancement of international understanding, goodwill, and peace through a world fellowship of business and professional persons united in the ideal of service.
Club Suggestions for DGN 2019-20 Due
Dec 15, 2016
Grant Committee Meeting
Jan 02, 2017
7:30 AM – 9:00 AM
YE Holiday Gathering
York County 4H CenterJan 08, 2017
DGN 2019-20 Interviews
Radisson Hotel HarrisburgJan 12, 2017
Jan 15, 2017 – Jan 21, 2017
YE Tri-Annual Meeting
PA United Church CenterJan 28, 2017
District Leadership Team Dinner
Radisson Hotel HarrisburgFeb 02, 2017
Radisson Hotel HarrisburgFeb 04, 2017
8:00 AM – 1:00 PM
2015-16 Rotary Theme
2016-17 Rotary Theme